Federal Inland Revenue Service Recruitment 2021 Application Form And Starting Date; We have written out this guide to give you more information on the Federal Inland Revenue Service, we expect you to take your team to read out this carefully drafted article I order to have a clear understanding of all the information we have included in this article.
Federal Inland revenue is a levy or tax imposed on Nigerian citizens, organizations, and government agencies; the proceeds are used to develop the country and fund government projects. The FIRS is the body in charge of controlling and maintaining this professionally. They regulate and ensure that it is not a burden on citizens to ensure they make voluntary payments as at when due.
What attributes does the FIRS Need from Applicants?
- Competence and know-how
This agency is recruiting to fill up vacant positions in their agency (Federal Inland Revenue Service). Various requirements and qualification each candidate need in order to qualify to get selected. Candidates who have all these requirements are able to prove that they are capable to handle the position and its requirements as well as upholding the agency’s standards.
General Requirements for the FIRS Recruitment
A Bachelor’s degree and a Master’s Degree in any of the following courses;
- Computer Science
- Banking & Finance
*if you attended a polytechnic as College, no worries, you can also apply with a Higher National Diploma in any of the listed courses above also.
- All candidates must be computer literate and be very conversant with Microsoft office applications such as MS-office, Excel. In addition to this, candidates must be able to navigate web applications such as google chrome.
- All applicants must have a good command of Analytical skills
- Candidates must have a great command of knowledge in the Nigerian Tax Laws as well as how the FIRS operates to enforce taxation laws in the country.
- Knowledge of business/industry environment within which taxpayers operate
- Ability to work as a regulator with the courage to ensure full compliance with laws.
Federal Inland Revenue Service Recruitment Descriptions/ Responsibilities
- Raising additional assessment while examining tax returns
- Ensuring uniform application of Tax Laws, Tax Regulations, and Information circulars
- Supervise a number of Officers responsible for the assessment of companies, individual business concerns, partnerships, estates, and trust, etc.
- The successful candidate should be highly organized, numerate, and possess strong interpersonal skills to support and represent the team where necessary, externally, and internally.
- Applicants with interest must have commercial-business knowledge with the ability to interpret business numbers and strategies of profit derivation in tax accounting.
- Candidates must be able to work unsupervised in some conditions due to the nature of the work. Most position requires someone who needs less or little supervision to meet set targets and deadlines.
- Membership in a relevant professional institution in the financial industry will be given special consideration.
Applying For The FIRS 2021 Job Recruitment – Follow The Steps
- Login to www.firs.gov.ng
- Log in with your email address
- If you do not already have an account with them, please register and input your email address.
- Now login to your email address and verify the account by clicking the link enclosed in the email from the Federal Inland Revenue service.
- Now login to the account, Fill the form, and submit your application.
- You will receive an email confirming that your application has been received afterward.