Nigeria Police Recruitment 2020/2021 – Application Form & Portal
The Nigeria Police Force
The Nigerian Police Force is the major law enforcement agency in the country Nigeria. I boast of a a whopping 400,000 staff. Their operations are present in the 36 states of the federation, it also consists of 12 zones and seven administrative organs within the body of the NPF.
The minister in charge of the affairs of the Nigerian Police had made an announcement that recruitment of a fresh batch of 10,000 policemen will begin soon. So, if you are interested in knowing the process of applying for the NPF recruitment 2020, kindly continue reading.
This recruitment exercise is a part of the already initiated plan of the President of the federal republic of Nigeria which is to recruit over 40,000 constables in the span of four (4) years period.
With this information, we are sure that the Nigeria Police Force will open their portal soon for applicants to submit their job applications and we will update this posts as soon as that is done.
Training activities are currently going on at all the location for the NPF training Schools all over the country for the first Batch of 10,000 recruits out of the number the president requested (40K).
Training activities are currently ongoing in all NPF training institutions for the first batch of 10,000 recruits out of the 40,000 approved by the President while arrangements are being made for the commencement of the next batch of 10,000 constables.”
Nigeria Police Recruitment Requirements 2020/2021
Read the below NPF recruitment requirements:
Please Note: These requirements may change depending on what happens within the organization or what the recruitment board decide on. We ensure that we will at all times give you updates on the changes that ensue.
- All applicants are required to possess a Valid identity card that is recognized at national levels. This of course could be your driving license, voter’s card, or international passport.
- All candidates who apply for the Position of Police Constables must have distinctions or at least good credits in English and Mathematics.
- Advanced Level (A level), Ordinary National Diploma (OND), National Certificate in Education (NCE) or their equivalents (for Cadet Inspectors).
- A Higher Institution Degree is required; A Bachelor’s Degree, HND, OND, Etc.
Below are the list of Police Service Commission (PSC) Categories Available For Application:
- Cadet Assistant Superintendent of Police
- Police Constable
- Cadet Inspector of Police
When Will The Nigeria Police Recruitment Start
The recruitment exercise for this year has not kicked off yet. Information on this will be released to the public when this is ongoing and applications are accepted.
If you wish to apply for the NPF recruitment, make sure you regularly watch out for news releases regarding it. Other regular updates on social media or on their website relating to this must be followed closely so you do not miss out.
How to apply for Nigeria police recruitment
Before you start the application process, you need to ensure that you have met all the requirements. Please make sure you have all the required documents intact and scanned copy in place as well just in case you will be requested to provide them for upload on the website for application.
For application, take note of the following:
- All your applications are to be submitted online.
- Make sure you have a functioning email that you can access as well as a phone number for contact.
- Login to the Nigeria Police Force web portal to start the application porcess
- Download the form and apply.
- Fill and “Submit” the Online Form.
- Please make surre you confirm each and every details you insert in the form to ensure they are correct and not misleading in any way. They must match the same information on your documents.
- After application, a “registration number is sent to your email address; please write it out somewhere or do not delete the mail because you will need it for the rest of the recruitment exercise.
Important Checklist During the NPF Recruitment Application
The Portal for application is Policerecruitment.ng or www.psc.gov.ng or www.npf.gov.ng and click on the “Careers” button.
- Submit just one application for just one job position.
- All Selected candidates will be contacted through Email/SMS.
- False/contradicting information will lead to disqualification.
- Make sure you have provided all the necessary documents required for the position you wish to apply.
- Submit and print out your acknowledgment slip.
- Click on the link in the confirmation email they will send you after registration to ensure your email is verified.
Screening/Examination centers For The Nigeria Police Force Recruitment Post Screening
- ABUJA POWA Headquarters opposite Force Headquarters, Abuja
- BENUE Zone 4 – Makurdi, Benue State
- YOLA Police Children School, Karewa, Jimeta, Yola Adamawa State.
- EDO Zone 5 – Benin city, Edo State
- ENUGU Police Detective College, Enugu
- IBADAN Police Training School, Ibadan
- CALABAR Zone 6 – Calabar, Cross River State
- MAIDUGURI Police College, Maiduguri
- MINNA Police Secondary School, Minna
- OWERRI Emmanuel College, Owerri
- PORT-HARCOURT Police Secondary School, Port Harcourt
- SOKOTO Zone 10 – Sokoto, Sokoto State
- TARABA Zone 3 – Jalingo, Taraba State
- JOS Police Staff College, Jos
- KADUNA Police College, Kaduna
- KANO Nigeria Police Academy, Wudil
- LAGOS Police College, Ikeja, Lagos
- BAUCHI Police Training School, Bauchi
- LOKOJA Zone 8 – Lokoja, Kogi State