The Nigerian Air Force (NAF) is the paramount regulating body for control and maintenance of the air passages and security. The NAF was officially established by a statutory Act of Parliament in April 1964 to serve four main purposes namely:
- to ensure the fast and versatile mobility of the armed forces of Nigeria
- they put in effort in the complementation of defense and enforcement of the law in the Federal Republic of Nigeria on the air and with their on-ground services.
- to oversee, support, and give aid to the ground-based and sea-borne arms of the military forces; thereby improving unity between the armed forces of the country.
- to give the country international presence and relevance in security
Read further to get all the details on how you can apply for the Nigerian Airforce job for 2021/2022
Getting selected in this job selection will require a lot more than luck from interested applicants. You need to be prepared and follow all the instructions that have been laid out from the Nigerian Air Force.
All the requirements for getting selected, guidelines, and application links will be provided in the latter part of this article.
Requirements for the Nigerian Air Force Recruitment
|Male Applicants||Female Applicants|
|The minimum height requirement for male applicants is 1.6 meters (5.5ft)||The minimum height requirement for the female applicants is 1.5 meters (5.4 feet)|
|All male applicants must be citizens of Nigeria||Must be Nigerian Citizens|
|Birth certificates must be presented||Must come with proof of birth certificate|
- Acknowledgment slip
- Two passport photographs that are very recent (between the space of six months from the application)
- Certification of origin(come with the original copies)
- A recommendation letter or letter of attestation from a parent or guardian.
- A local government attestation letter.
- Original copies of all requested documents or credentials.
- All applicants must be over 28 years before applying.
Nigerian Air Force 2021 Post-recruitment Screening
After the application has been done, the next step for final selection is the shortlisting and this is the final stage. There will be a screening exercise held in the various centers close to you and in diverse geo-political zones. Please refer to the list below to know the centers closest to you.
Centers For Screening
- Bauchi: Nigerian Air Force Base.
- Yola: 103 Strike Group, Nigerian Air Force.
- Sokoto: 119 Forward Operation Base Mabera, Sokoto.
- Enugu: 113, Helicopter Combat Training Group Nigerian Air Force Enugu.
- Ipetu-Ijesha: Nigerian Air Force Institute of Safety, Ipetu-Ijesha.
- Port Harcourt: 115 Special Operations Group Nigerian Air Force Port Harcourt.
- Kaduna: Nigerian Air Force Base, Kawo – Kaduna.
- Makurdi: Nigerian Air Force Base.
- Maiduguri: 105 Composite Group Nigerian Air Force.
- Benin: 107 Air Maritime Group, Nigerian Air Force Benin.
- Kano: 403 Flying Training School, Kano.
- Lagos: Sam Ethnan Air Force Base, Ikeja – Lagos.
- Jos: 451 Nigerian Air Force Station.
- Ilorin: 303 MAG, Nigerian Air Force.
Applying For the Airforce Recruitment
On release of the notification for the start of the airforce job vacancies replacement, selection, and availability of application forms, there will be diverse new requirements which may be slightly different from what we have on here.
Please refer to these requirements before attempting to apply for the Air-force recruitment.
Please visit the portal for form application: airforce.mil.ng to apply. Make sure you follow the steps outlined carefully and have all the required qualifications for the position you intend to apply for.
Vacant Positions In The Nigerian Airforce
- Air Chief Marshal
- Air Marshal
- Air Vice-Marshal
- Air Commodore
- Group Captain
- Wing Commander
- Flight Lieutenant
- Flying Officer
- Pilot Officer
NAF Recruitment Academic/Professional Requirements:
|Tradesmen / Women||Non-Tradesmen/ Women|
|Applicants must possess ND (with a minimum of Lower Credit), NABTEB, RN/RM/NCE, or City & Guild Certificate.
|5 credits including Mathematics and English Language in SSCE/NECO/GCE/NABTEB|
|Trade test certificate with at least two credits in WAEC, GCE or NECO||Must come to the screening with the original copies of their certificates|
|Bachelor’s Degree in related fields to the military or international intelligence.|