Nigerian Prisons Service Recruitment / Application Portal – The media has been filled with numerous false information regarding the start and process for application in the NPS 2021 job application process.
Who is The NPS?
NPS = Nigerian Prisons Service
The NPS is a Federal Government Agency in Nigeria taking charge of all prison related laws, control and maintenance. Their headquarters is at Abuja (the country’s capital) with branches all over the country.
Branches of the Nigerian Prison Service recruiting?
For efficient administration and management, the Nigerian Prison Service has various staff branches across the country. They recruit to fit vacant positions in this different branches.
- Administration and Supplies.
- Works and Logistics.
- Health and Social Welfare.
- Finance and Budget.
- Inmates Training and Productivity.
The recruitment for the NPS (www.prisons.gov.ng) is usually one on their recruitment portal which we will put forth to you in the latter part of this article.
CATEGORY A: Superintendent Cadre:
- Deputy Superintendent of Prisons
- Superintendent of Prisons (SP) Medical
- Assistant Superintendent of Prisons II
- Superintendent of Prisons (SP) Vetinary
- Assistant Superintendent of Prisons I
CATEGORY B: Inspectorate Cadre:
- Assistant Inspector of Prisons
- Senior Inspector of Prisons
- Inspector of Prisons (IP) Nursing
CATEGORY C: Assistant Cadre:
- Prisons Assistant I
- Prisons Assistant II
- Prison Assistant III
For the purpose of confirmation, we would love to advise you to always confirm all the information you see here on the Nigerian Prisons jobs portal before taking any more action regarding this job offer.
Basic Requirements for the Nigerian Prisons Service Recruitment
The General requirements or qualifications applicants need to equip themselves with, for the Nigerian Prisons Service Recruitment for 2021 are;
- Candidates must have completed a higher institution degree and should have a B.Sc. or HND, from a recognized university or polytechnic.
- A secondary school level certificate like WAEC, SSCE, and NECO is needed with the correct examination number. Please ensure that you have the examination number, center, and year of examination details and fill them in when requested.
- No inscriptions on the skin (tattoos or inks) will be allowed on applicants. A full body check and the scan will be carried out during the physical screening.
- Interested candidates must have undergone a medical test to ensure medical, mental, and physical health is intact.
How to Apply for Nigerian Prisons Service Recruitment 2021/2022 (NPS)
- All recruitment conducted for Nigerian Prisons is carried out online.
- The NPS recruitment portal will provide you with links to fill the application form. You need to log in or create an account before you will be allowed to submit your application.
- Log on to the website recruit.prisonsportal.com.ng/recruit
- Create an account if you do not already have one
- Confirm your account details by clicking the link in your email
- After confirmation, Re-enter your login details
- Fill in all the required details on the form and adhere to all instructions there to ensure you are not disqualified.
- After submitting the form, make sure you print out the reference form which should be completed by you.
The reference form is used by the Nigerian Prisons to ensure you have a signed agreement that needs you to be on best behavior when recruited by the NPS.
You may need guarantors in different levels of government service to help you sign this form.
What is NPS 2021 recruitment deadline?
The NPS portal for the 2021 recruitment exercise closes exactly six weeks from opening. This means that all candidates must submit their applications within this period before it gets shut down again.
When the portal is closed, you will have to wait for the recruitment for the next year in order to apply again. Take advantage of this opportunity now.